The advanced search feature, as well as the Influence Explorer API are approaching end of life, and will be retired on December 31st, 2015. Please refer to our deprecation notice for more details.
- Campaign Finance
- Campaign Finance (DC)
- Federal Lobbying
- Federal Grants
- Federal Contracts
- Foreign Influence
- EPA ECHO
- Data Changelog
Federal Grants Data Schema
- The fiscal year in which the grant was awarded.
- Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance identifier.
- Name of Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance program under which the grant was awarded.
- A number assigned by state (as opposed to federal) review agencies to the award during the grant application process.
- The reported name of the grant recipient.
- The city of the grant recipient.
- The FIPS code of the grant recipient's city.
- The county of the grant recipient.
- The FIPS code of the grant recipient's county.
- The state of the grant recipient.
- The FIPS code of the grant recipient's state.
- The zipcode of the grant recipient.
- The FIPS code of the grant recipient's country.
- The congressional district in which the grant was awarded.
The recipient type.
Code Meaning 00 State government 01 County government 02 City or township government 04 Special district government 05 Independent school district 06 State controlled institution of higher education 11 Indian tribe 12 Other nonprofit 20 Private higher education 21 individual 22 Profit organization 23 Small business 25 Other
A broad category added by USASpending.gov
Code Meaning f For Profit g Government h Higher Education i Individual n Nonprofit o Other
- recipient_address1, recipient_address2, recipient_address3
- The grant recipients street address.
- The Dun and Bradstreet number of the grant recipient.
- The Dun and Bradstreet number of the grant recipient's parent organization.
- The data on which the grant was awarded.
The type of action for the record: whether it is a new assistance action, a continuation, a revision, or a funding adjustment.
Code Meaning A New assistance action B Continuation C Revision D Funding adjustment to completed project
- The name of the federal agency that awarded the grant.
- The code of the federal agency that awarded the grant.
- An agency-specific unique ID number for each individual assistance award. There may be more than one action record per assistance award, because of continuations, revisions, funding adjustments, corrections, etc.
- A modification number used to indicate action records that modify a previous action record with the same federal award ID.
- Grant amount from federal funds in US dollars.
- Grant amount from non-federal funds in US dollars.
- Total of federal and non-federal grant amount in US dollars.
- The face value of the direct loan or loan guarantee.
- The original subsidy cost of the direct loan or loan guarantee.
The type of assistance provided by the award.
Code Meaning 02 Block grant 03 Formula grant 04 Project grant 05 Cooperative agreement 06 Direct payment, as a subsidy or other non-reimbursable direct financial aid 07 Direct loan 08 Guaranteed/insured loan 09 Insurance 10 Direct payment with unrestricted use 11 Other reimbursable, contingent, intangible or indirect financial assistance
The original Federal Assistance Awards Data System assistance type code, modified by USAspending.gov into a set of broader categories.
Code Meaning d Direct Payments g Grants and Cooperative Agreements i Insurance l Loans o Other
- Indicates that the action record is either a correction of a record from a previous quarter or a late reported record from a previous quarter.
- A code for the principal place of performance for the award. The first two digits are the state FIPS code, the next five the county FIPS (three digits followed by **) or city FIPS code. 00***** = multi-state, 00FORGN = foreign country.
- The state in which the activity funded by the grant is performed.
- The FIPS code for the state in which the activity funded by the grant is performed.
- The city in which the activity funded by the grant is performed.
- The zipcode in which the activity funded by the grant is performed.
- The congressional district in which the activity funded by the grant is performed.
- The FIPS code for the country in which the activity funded by the grant is performed.
- Description of the project that was funded.
- Agency Code part (First 2 characters) of Treasury Account Symbol (9 characters) assigned by U.S. Department of Treasury.
- Account Code part (3rd to 6th characters) of Treasury Account Symbol (9 characters) assigned by U.S. Department of Treasury.
- Sub-Account Code part (7th to 9th characters) of Treasury Account Symbol (9 characters) assigned by U.S. Department of Treasury.
- Distinguisher for different fund types, such as the funding provided by the Recovery Act.
- An agency defined identifier that is unique for every reported action.