- Office Held:
- US Senate, NJ
- Office Sought:
- US Senate, NJ
MENENDEZ, Robert, a Senator and a Representative from New Jersey; born in New York, N.Y., on January 1, 1954; graduated from Union Hill High School, Union City, N.J., 1972; B.A., Saint Peters College, Jersey City, N.J., 1976; J.D., Rutgers University School of Law, Newark, N.J., 1979; lawyer, private practice; member of the Union City, N.J., board of education 1974-1978, and chief financial officer 1978-1982; mayor of Union City, N.J., 1986-1992; member of the New Jersey state general assembly 1987-1991; member of the New Jersey state senate 1991-1993; elected as a Democrat to the One Hundred Third and to the six succeeding Congresses, and served from January 3, 1993, to January 16, 2006, when he resigned to become a U.S. senator; chair, House Democratic Caucus (One Hundred Eighth through One Hundred Ninth Congresses); appointed on January 17, 2006, to the United States Senate to fill vacancy caused by resignation of Jon S. Corzine; service began and took the oath of office on January 18, 2006; elected to the U.S. Senate in 2006 for the term ending January 3, 2013; chair, Democratic Senatorial Campaign Committee (2008-2011).
Campaign Finance$9,013,258 Received
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
Latest FEC Datacovers through candidate's May 16, 2012 filing. independent expenditures updated daily.
Download all contributions to Robert Menendez Download all independent expenditures for or against Robert Menendez
Summaryoverview of how much the candidate raised and spent, and who contributed it
- Total Raised:
- $9,013,258 #6 of 236 Senate candidates
- Total Spent:
- $2,060,096 #5 of 236 Senate candidates
- Cash on Hand:
- $9,443,774 #29 of 236 Senate candidates
Contributions Over Timereflects only contributions over $200, as smaller contributions are not individually reported. For some candidates a significant portion of their fundraising may not be captured by this chart.
Donor Informationcovers through 2011. may lag behind FEC section above, as donors and industries are identified by hand.
Top IndustriesOpenSecrets.org and FollowTheMoney.org classify contribution data into about 100 industries.
In State vs. Out of Statecontributions from individuals, in dollars
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Bundled Lobbyist ContributionsLobbyists and lobbying firms that raised money from multiple donors on behalf of the politician. Contributions from the lobbyist or firm itself are not included.
Bundler Amount Charles M Brain, Capitol Hill Strategies $23,000 David Castagnetti, Mehlman Vogel Castagnetti Inc $22,500 Josh Ackil, Franklin Square Group $21,500 Mike Manatos, Manatos & Manatos $18,175 Andrew Kauders, Podesta Group $16,100
Recent and upcoming fundraisersFull invitations can be viewed at Party Time
Date Event July 25, 2012
- Reception at Bistro Cacao
- Hosted by:
- Dan Cohen, Ali Wolpert