PepsiCo, Incorporated (NYSE: PEP) is a Fortune 500, American global corporation headquartered in Purchase, Harrison, New York, with interests in the manufacturing, marketing and distribution of grain-based snack foods, beverages, and other products. PepsiCo was formed in 1965 with the merger of the Pepsi-Cola Company and Frito-Lay, Inc. PepsiCo has since expanded from its namesake product Pepsi to a broader range of food and beverage brands, the largest of which include an acquisition of Tropicana in 1998 and a merger with Quaker Oats in 2001 - which added the Gatorade brand to its portfolio as well.
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
Latest FEC Datacovers through committee's July 31, 2012 filing.
Summaryoverview of the committee's finances
- Total Raised:
- Total Spent:
- Cash on Hand:
Standardized Donation Informationcovers through June 2012. may lag behind FEC section above, as donors and industries are identified by hand.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars. "Other" includes 3rd parties and organizations without official party affiliation.
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying On Behalf of PepsiCo Inc
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount Duberstein Group $566,666 C2 Group $540,000 Russell Group $360,000 Intl Business-Government Counsellors $10,000 Bates Capitol Group $0
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Copyright, Patent & Trademark,
- Health Issues,
- Food Industry,
- Consumer Product Safety,
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.1380 New Alternative Transportation to Give Americans Solutions Act of 2011 H.R.1249 America Invents Act S.23 Patent Reform Act of 2011 S.493 SBIR/STTR Reauthorization Act of 2011 S.520 Volumetric Ethanol Excise Tax Credit Repeal Act H.R.1 Full-Year Continuing Appropriations Act, 2011 S.3307 Healthy, Hunger-Free Kids Act of 2010 H.R.611 BEST PRACTICES Act H.R.654 Do Not Track Me Online Act H.R.1528 Consumer Privacy Protection Act of 2011
Regulations15 Mentions; 1 Submissions
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "PepsiCo Inc" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
- Toggle 1 FAA Notice of Proposed Modification to the June 1, 2006 MOA FAA/Subscriber Memorandum of Agreement for ASDI/NASSI Industry Access and Request for Comments 2011
Mentions in Document Text
- Toggle 3 FDA Food Labeling; Calorie Labeling of Articles of Food in Vending Machines 2011
- Toggle 2 EPA Technical Revisions for Subparts I and W of the Greenhouse Gas Reporting Rule 2011
- Toggle 1 FTC Early Terminations of Waiting Periods under Premerger Notification Rules 2011
- Toggle 1 EPA Minor Technical Corrections and Amendments to the Greenhouse Gas Reporting Rules 2011
- Toggle 1 FDA Agency Information Collection Activities; Proposed Collection; Comment Request; Applications for Food and Drug Administration Approval to Market a New Drug; Postmarketing Reports; Reporting Information About Authorized Generic Drugs 2011
- Toggle 1 FDA Food Safety and Inspection Service 2011
- Toggle 1 FDA Revoke Regulations Authorizing the use of Caramel Coloring in Foods (Produced with Ammonia and Containing the Carcinogens 2-Methylimidazole and 4-Methylimidazole) 2011
- Toggle 1 FMCSA ESC - In the Matter of Caribe Freight Forwarding of Puerto Rico dba Caribe Worldwide - Field Administrator's Submission of Evidence and Motion for Final Order 2011
- Toggle 1 FDA Information Required in Prior Notice of Imported Food 2011
- Toggle 1 ITA Request for Public Comments Concerning Regulatory Cooperation Activities that Would Help Eliminate or Reduce Unnecessary Regulatory Divergences in North America that Disrupt U.S. Exports 2011
Advisory Committees4 people on 4 committees
Data is based on disclosures required by the Federal Advisory Committee Act (FACA). Matches are based on the occurrence of the company name in the committee member affiliation. Variations in company names may cause some matches to be missed.
The table shows only the top 10 agencies. To search and download raw records from the complete dataset see the FACA data section.
Table shows employees of "PepsiCo Inc" that sat on federal advisory committees.
- Toggle Department of Agriculture 2 people on 2 committees
- Toggle Administrative Conference of the United States 1 person on 1 committee
- Toggle Department of Defense 1 person on 1 committee