National Grid USA
The National Grid is the high-voltage electric power transmission network in the United Kingdom, connecting power stations and major substations and ensuring that electricity generated anywhere in Great Britain can be used to satisfy demand elsewhere. There are also undersea interconnections to northern France (HVDC Cross-Channel), Northern Ireland (HVDC Moyle), and the Isle of Man (Isle of Man to England Interconnector).
Campaign Finance$113,810 Given
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying On Behalf of National Grid USA
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount Akin, Gump et al $220,000 Dow Lohnes Government Strategies $180,000 Kearney, Donovan & McGee $95,842 Stuntz, Davis & Staffier $30,000
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Energy & Nuclear Power,
- Homeland Security,
- Environment & Superfund
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "National Grid USA" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Mentions in Document Text
- Toggle 4 BOEM Notice of Preparation of an Environmental Assessment (EA) for Cape Wind Associates, LLC (CWA) Construction and Operations Plan (COP) 2011
- Toggle 4 PHMSA TPSSC AND THLPSSC Subcommittee for the Preparation of the “Pipeline Safety Report to the Nation” 2011
- Toggle 3 EPA Regional Haze - OR - BART Revision & 110 Transport 2010 2011
- Toggle 3 EPA Technical Revisions for Subparts I and W of the Greenhouse Gas Reporting Rule 2011
- Toggle 2 EPA NJ Regional Haze Program 2011
- Toggle 2 EPA Standards of Performance for Fossil-Fuel-Fired, Electric Utility, Industrial-Commercial-Institutional, and Small Industrial-Commercial-Institutional Steam Generating Unit 2011
- Toggle 2 EPA "Approval and Promulgation of Air Quality Implementation Plans; State of California; Regional Haze State Implementation Plan and Interstate Transport Plan; Interference with Visibility Requirement". 2011
- Toggle 2 DOE Environmental Impact Statements; Availability, etc.: Hawai'i Interisland Renewable Energy Program 2011
- Toggle 1 FERC Combined Filings 2011
- Toggle 1 FHWA Value Engineering 2011
Advisory Committees1 person on 1 committee
Data is based on disclosures required by the Federal Advisory Committee Act (FACA). Matches are based on the occurrence of the company name in the committee member affiliation. Variations in company names may cause some matches to be missed.
The table shows only the top 10 agencies. To search and download raw records from the complete dataset see the FACA data section.
Table shows employees of "National Grid USA" that sat on federal advisory committees.
- Toggle Department of Transportation 1 person on 1 committee