National Cable & Telecommunications Assn
The National Cable & Telecommunications Association (NCTA) is the principal trade association for the U.S. cable industry, representing cable operators serving more than 90 percent of the nation’s cable households and more than 200 cable program networks, as well as equipment suppliers and providers of other services to the cable industry. Officially founded in 1952, NCTA's primary mission is to provide its members with a strong national presence by providing a single, unified voice on issues affecting the cable and telecommunications industry.
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
Latest FEC Datacovers through committee's May 31, 2012 filing.
Summaryoverview of the committee's finances
- Total Raised:
- Total Spent:
- Cash on Hand:
Standardized Donation Informationcovers through 2011. may lag behind FEC section above, as donors and industries are identified by hand.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars. "Other" includes 3rd parties and organizations without official party affiliation.
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying On Behalf of National Cable & Telecommunications Assn
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount Mintz, Levin et al $579,000 Brownstein, Hyatt et al $360,000 Fierce, Isakowitz & Blalock $270,000 Ryan, MacKinnon et al $270,000 Hobbs Group $240,000 Williams & Jensen $210,000 Joseph Group $180,000 Palmetto Group $180,000 ML Strategies $180,000 Mitch Rose Strategic Consulting $180,000
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Radio & TV Broadcasting,
- Fed Budget & Appropriations,
- Copyright, Patent & Trademark,
- Homeland Security
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "National Cable & Telecommunications Assn" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Mentions in Document Text
- Toggle 1 FCC Implementation of the Commercial Advertisement Loudness Mitigation Act 2011
- Toggle 1 FCC Video Description: Implementation of Twenty-First Century Communications and Video Accessibility Act of 2010 2011
- Toggle 1 FTC Disclosures Regarding Energy Consumption and Water Use of Certain Home Appliances and Other Products, etc. 2011
- Toggle 1 FAR E.O. 13563-FAR; EO 13563-Federal Acquistion Regulation (FAR) 2011
- Toggle 1 EPA Standards of Performance for Fossil-Fuel-Fired, Electric Utility, Industrial-Commercial-Institutional, and Small Industrial-Commercial-Institutional Steam Generating Unit 2011