Delta Air Lines, Inc. (NYSE: DAL) is a major airline based in the United States headquartered in Atlanta. Delta is the world's largest airline operating under a single certificate. Delta operates an extensive domestic and international network, spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia, Africa, the Middle East, the Caribbean and Australia. Delta and the Delta Connection carriers fly to 348 destinations in 64 countries (excluding codeshare), across six continents. Delta operates the world's largest hub at Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport. Delta is a founding member of the SkyTeam alliance.
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
Latest FEC Datacovers through committee's May 31, 2012 filing.
Summaryoverview of the committee's finances
- Total Raised:
- Total Spent:
- Cash on Hand:
Standardized Donation Informationcovers through 2011. may lag behind FEC section above, as donors and industries are identified by hand.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying On Behalf of Delta Airlines
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount Breaux Lott Leadership Group $270,000 Elmendorf Ryan $180,000 Fierce, Isakowitz & Blalock $180,000 Capitol Tax Partners $150,000 Capitol Hill Strategies $140,000
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Aviation, Airlines & Airports,
- Labor, Antitrust & Workplace,
- Energy & Nuclear Power,
- Environment & Superfund,
- Fed Budget & Appropriations,
- Homeland Security,
- Medicare & Medicaid,
Regulations98 Mentions; 20 Submissions
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "Delta Airlines" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
- Toggle 6 NLRB Proposed rule amending representation-case procedures 2011
- Toggle 5 FAA Delta Air Lines, Inc. - Exemption/Rulemaking 2011
- Toggle 3 DOT Delta Air Lines, Inc. and China Eastern Airlines Corporation Ltd. - Blanket Exemptions/Statements of Authorization - U.S.-China Codesharing 2011
- Toggle 2 DOT Delta Air Lines, Inc. and Air Europa Lineas Aereas, S.A.U. - Statements of Authorization - U.S.-EU 2011
- Toggle 2 DOT Delta Air Lines, Inc. and Aerovias de Mexico, S.A. de C.V. - Exemption/Statement of Authorization - U.S.-Mexico Transborder Routes 2011
- Toggle 2 DOT Delta Air Lines, Inc. - Frequency Allocation - U.S.-Brazil 2011
- Toggle 1 DOT Delta Air Lines, Inc., Aerolineas Argentinas S.A. and Austral Linhas Aereas-Cielos del Sur S.A. - Exemptions/Statements of Authorization - Reciprocal Codesharing 2011
- Toggle 1 FAA 20XX-NM-XXX-AD Airworthiness Directives 2011
- Toggle 1 FAA Delta Air Lines - Request for Waiver of Slot Usage Requirements 2011
- Toggle 1 DOT Concesionaria Vuela Compania de Aviacion S.A.P.I. de C.V. d/b/a Volaris - Exemption - Monterrey-Chicago; Mexico City-Las Vegas and Mexico City-Los Angeles 2011
Mentions in Document Text
- Toggle 39 DOT Order Soliciting Small Community Grant Proposals 2011
- Toggle 12 NLRB Proposed rule amending representation-case procedures 2011
- Toggle 7 FAA Delta Air Lines, Inc. - Exemption/Rulemaking 2011
- Toggle 7 DOT Donald L. Pevsner, Esq. - Request for Sanctions Against Delta Air Lines, Inc. and Petition for Rulemaking 2011
- Toggle 7 DOT Aviation, Enforcement, and Proceedings - Office Of The Secretary - General Counsel Office 2011
- Toggle 5 FAA Delta Air Lines - Request for Waiver of Slot Usage Requirements 2011
- Toggle 4 DOT Exec Direct Aviation Services Ltd. - Foreign Permit/Exemption - Jamaica-United States; United States and Beyond 2011
- Toggle 4 DOT Delta Air Lines, Inc. and China Eastern Airlines Corporation Ltd. - Blanket Exemptions/Statements of Authorization - U.S.-China Codesharing 2011
- Toggle 3 FAA Delta Air Lines - Request for Waiver of Slot Usage Requirements 2011
- Toggle 3 FAA Proposed Legal Interpertation 2011
Advisory Committees2 people on 2 committees
Data is based on disclosures required by the Federal Advisory Committee Act (FACA). Matches are based on the occurrence of the company name in the committee member affiliation. Variations in company names may cause some matches to be missed.
The table shows only the top 10 agencies. To search and download raw records from the complete dataset see the FACA data section.
Table shows employees of "Delta Airlines" that sat on federal advisory committees.
- Toggle Department of Commerce 1 person on 1 committee
- Toggle Department of Education 1 person on 1 committee