Burlington Northern Santa Fe Corp
Burlington Northern Santa Fe Corporation is the parent company of the BNSF Railway (formerly the Burlington Northern and Santa Fe Railway).
Campaign Finance$1,417,121 Given
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars. "Other" includes 3rd parties and organizations without official party affiliation.
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying On Behalf of Burlington Northern Santa Fe Corp
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount C2 Group $90,000 Alpine Group $90,000 Lipinski, William O $45,000 Bates Capitol Group $30,000
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Fed Budget & Appropriations,
- Energy & Nuclear Power,
- Labor, Antitrust & Workplace,
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "Burlington Northern Santa Fe Corp" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Mentions in Document Text
- Toggle 2 FEMA Proposed Flood Elevation Determinations (Proposed Rule, Part 67); Changes in Flood Elevation Determinations (Interim Rule, Part 65); Final Flood Elevation Determinations (Final Rule, Part 67); Changes in Flood Elevation Determinations (Final Rule, Part 65); Flood Elevation Determination (Correction) ; Suspension of Community Eligibility (Final Rule) 2011
- Toggle 1 DARS Passive Radio Frequency Identification (DFARS Case 2010–D014) 2011
- Toggle 1 EPA Approval and Promulgation of Implementation Plans; California; 2007 South Coast State Implementation Plan for 1997 8-hour Ozone Standard and 2007 State Strategy 2011
- Toggle 1 FHWA Notice of Final Federal Agency Actions on Proposed Highway in California 2011
- Toggle 1 OSHA Federal Advisory Council on Occupational Safety and Health (FACOSH) June 7, 2011 Meeting 2011
- Toggle 1 FMCSA Sunshine Act Meetings; Unified Carrier Registration Plan Board of Directors 2011
- Toggle 1 STB Discontinuances of Service Exemptions: Minnesota Commercial Railway Co., Washington County, MN 2011
- Toggle 1 FWS Migratory Bird Hunting Regulations for the 2011-12 Season 2011
Advisory Committees2 people on 1 committee
Data is based on disclosures required by the Federal Advisory Committee Act (FACA). Matches are based on the occurrence of the company name in the committee member affiliation. Variations in company names may cause some matches to be missed.
The table shows only the top 10 agencies. To search and download raw records from the complete dataset see the FACA data section.
Table shows employees of "Burlington Northern Santa Fe Corp" that sat on federal advisory committees.
- Toggle Department of Transportation 2 people on 1 committee