Campaign Finance$659,400 Given
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying On Behalf of AstraZeneca Pharmaceuticals
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount Williams & Jensen $150,000 Guida Consulting Services $150,000 Mehlman Vogel Castagnetti Inc $150,000 Tarplin, Downs & Young $150,000 East End Group $135,000 Foley Hoag LLP $135,000 Peck, Madigan et al $90,000 Capitol Counsel $90,000
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Health Issues,
- Medicare & Medicaid,
- Copyright, Patent & Trademark,
- Consumer Product Safety,
- Fed Budget & Appropriations,
- Government Issues,
- Labor, Antitrust & Workplace
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.3590 Service Members Home Ownership Tax Act of 2009 S.1790 Indian Health Care Improvement Reauthorization and Extension Act of 2009 H.R.4872 Health Care and Education Affordability Reconciliation Act of 2010
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "AstraZeneca Pharmaceuticals" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Mentions in Document Text
- Toggle 1 HHS Human Subjects Research Protections: Enhancing Protections for Research Subjects and Reducing Burden, Delay, and Ambiguity for Investigators 2011
- Toggle 1 HHS HIPAA Privacy Rule Accounting of Disclosures under the Health Information Technology for Economic and Clinical Health Act 2011
- Toggle 1 FDA Determine whether Chloramphenicol Capsules 250 mg was withdrawn from sale for reasons other than safety or effectiveness and grant permission to relist application number A060851 2011
- Toggle 1 FDA Bristol-Myers Squibb Co. et al.; Withdrawal of Approval of 70 New Drug Applications and 97 Abbreviated New Drug Applications - CLOSED 2011
- Toggle 1 CDC Draft Action Plan – A Public Health Action Plan to Combat Antimicrobial- Resistance 2011
- Toggle 1 FDA Establish Comprehensive, Clear and Binding Regulations to Guide The Industry Relating to New Uses of Marketed Drugs and Medical Devices 2011