American Forest & Paper Assn
The American Forest & Paper Association (AF&PA;) is the national trade association of the forest products industry, representing manufacturers of approximately 80 percent of the U.S. paper production capacity and 50 percent of the wood building material capacity.
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
Latest FEC Datacovers through committee's May 31, 2012 filing.
Summaryoverview of the committee's finances
- Total Raised:
- Total Spent:
- Cash on Hand:
Standardized Donation Informationcovers through 2011. may lag behind FEC section above, as donors and industries are identified by hand.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying On Behalf of American Forest & Paper Assn
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount Fierce, Isakowitz & Blalock $150,000 Holland & Knight $150,000 PricewaterhouseCoopers $120,000 Kinghorn, Hilbert & Assoc $70,000 Cornerstone Government Affairs $20,000 Barnes & Thornburg $0
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Energy & Nuclear Power,
- Environment & Superfund,
- Fed Budget & Appropriations,
- Chemical Industry,
- Clean Air & Water,
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "American Forest & Paper Assn" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Mentions in Document Text
- Toggle 7 EPA Improving Regulations: General 2011
- Toggle 4 EPA Draft Guidance on Identifying Waters Protected by the Clean Water Act 2011
- Toggle 4 EPA Improving Regulations: Air 2011
- Toggle 4 EPA Deferral of Application of the Prevention of Significant Deterioration (PSD) and Title V Programs to CO2 emissions from Bioenergy and Other Biogenic Sources 2011
- Toggle 4 EPA Improving Regulations: Science / Obsolete / Technology Outdated 2011
- Toggle 3 EPA Improving Regulations: Waste 2011
- Toggle 3 EPA Improving Regulations: Least Burdensome / Flexible Approaches 2011
- Toggle 3 EPA Improving Regulations: Water 2011
- Toggle 3 EPA Improving Regulations: Benefits and Costs 2011
- Toggle 3 DOI DOI Regulatory Review 2011
Advisory Committees2 people on 2 committees
Data is based on disclosures required by the Federal Advisory Committee Act (FACA). Matches are based on the occurrence of the company name in the committee member affiliation. Variations in company names may cause some matches to be missed.
The table shows only the top 10 agencies. To search and download raw records from the complete dataset see the FACA data section.
Table shows employees of "American Forest & Paper Assn" that sat on federal advisory committees.
- Toggle Department of Commerce 2 people on 2 committees