- Office Held:
- US Senate, DE
- Office Sought:
- US Senate, DE
CARPER, Thomas Richard, a Senator and a Representative from Delaware; born in Beckley, Raleigh County, W.Va., January 23, 1947; attended public schools; graduated, Whetstone High School, Columbus, Ohio 1964; B.A., Ohio State University, Columbus 1968; University of Delaware, Newark, M.B.A. 1975; served in the United States Navy 1968-1973; Naval Reserve, commander, 1973-1991; Delaware State treasurer 1976-1983; elected as a Democrat to the Ninety-eighth and to the four succeeding Congresses (January 3, 1983-January 3, 1993); governor of Delaware 1993-2001; chairman of the National Governors Association 1998-1999; elected to the United States Senate in 2000 for term commencing January 3, 2001; reelected in 2006 for the term ending January 3, 2013.
Campaign Finance$2,344,839 Received
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
Latest FEC Datacovers through candidate's March 31, 2012 filing. independent expenditures updated daily.
Download all contributions to Tom Carper Download all independent expenditures for or against Tom Carper
Summaryoverview of how much the candidate raised and spent, and who contributed it
- Total Raised:
- $2,344,839 #47 of 236 Senate candidates
- Total Spent:
- $883,487 #31 of 236 Senate candidates
- Cash on Hand:
- $2,269,352 #63 of 236 Senate candidates
Contributions Over Timereflects only contributions over $200, as smaller contributions are not individually reported. For some candidates a significant portion of their fundraising may not be captured by this chart.
Donor Informationcovers through 2011. may lag behind FEC section above, as donors and industries are identified by hand.
Top IndustriesOpenSecrets.org and FollowTheMoney.org classify contribution data into about 100 industries.
In State vs. Out of Statecontributions from individuals, in dollars
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Bundled Lobbyist ContributionsLobbyists and lobbying firms that raised money from multiple donors on behalf of the politician. Contributions from the lobbyist or firm itself are not included.
Bundler Amount Thomas J Downey, Downey McGrath Group $17,200
Recent and upcoming fundraisersFull invitations can be viewed at Party Time
Date Event July 20, 2012
- Happy Hour at Stingray Restaurant
- Hosted by:
- Craig Aleman, Kevin Andrade, Dick Byme, Joanne Cabry, Jack Cabry, Greg Fuller, Pete Keenan, Mary Legatski, Richard Legatski, Ed O'Connor, Scott Strickler, Harriet Smith Windsor
March 14, 2012
- Lunch at Charlie Palmer Steak
- Hosted by:
- Peter Jacoby