- Office Held:
- US House, NY
- Office Sought:
- US House, NY
HOCHUL, Kathleen C., a Representative from New York; born in Buffalo, Erie County, N.Y, August 27, 1958; graduated from Hamburg High School, Hamburg, N.Y., 1976; B.A., Syracuse University, Syracuse, N.Y. , 1980; J.D., Catholic University, Washington, D.C., 1983; lawyer, private practice; aide to United State Representative John LaFalce, 1984-1986; aide to United States Senator Patrick Moynihan, 1986-1988; deputy clerk, Erie County, N.Y., 2003-2007; clerk, Erie County, N.Y., 2007-2011; elected as a Democrat to the One Hundred Twelfth Congress by special election to fill the vacancy caused by the resignation of United States Representative Christopher Lee (May 24, 2011-present).
Campaign Finance$3,213,187 Received
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
Latest FEC Datacovers through candidate's June 30, 2012 filing. independent expenditures updated daily.
Download all contributions to Kathleen Hochul Download all independent expenditures for or against Kathleen Hochul
Summaryoverview of how much the candidate raised and spent, and who contributed it
- Total Raised:
- $3,213,187 #11 of 1418 House candidates
- Total Spent:
- $2,247,947 #72 of 1418 House candidates
- Cash on Hand:
- $1,228,720 #13 of 1418 House candidates
Contributions Over Timereflects only contributions over $200, as smaller contributions are not individually reported. For some candidates a significant portion of their fundraising may not be captured by this chart.
Independent Expendituresoutside groups that spent money supporting or opposing the candidate
Committee Name Support/Oppose Total Spending American CrossroadsOppose $313,449 National Republican Congressional CmteOppose $212,339 Service Employees International UnionSupport $75,000 Communications Workers Of America Working VoicesSupport $42,000 Communications Workers of AmericaSupport $42,000 American Action NetworkOppose $15,879 Natl Cmte to Preserve Social SecuritySupport $10,673 Working Families PartySupport $4,350 Planned ParenthoodSupport $2,060
Donor Informationcovers through 2011. may lag behind FEC section above, as donors and industries are identified by hand.
Top IndustriesOpenSecrets.org and FollowTheMoney.org classify contribution data into about 100 industries.
In State vs. Out of Statecontributions from individuals, in dollars
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Recent and upcoming fundraisersFull invitations can be viewed at Party Time
Date Event May 10, 2012
- Reception at Aria Restaurant
- Hosted by:
- Liz Moynihan