- Office Held:
- Office Sought:
- State Candidancy or Office Held:
- See also: State profile for Barack Obama
Barack Hussein Obama II (i /bəˈrɑːk huːˈseɪn oʊˈbɑːmə/; born August 4, 1961) is the 44th and current President of the United States. He is the first African American to hold the office. Obama previously served as a United States Senator from Illinois, from January 2005 until he resigned after his election to the presidency in November 2008.
Campaign Finance$639,024,146 Received
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
Latest FEC Datacovers through candidate's October 17, 2012 filing. independent expenditures updated daily.
Summaryoverview of how much the candidate raised and spent, and who contributed it
- Total Raised:
- $639,024,146 #1 of 40 Presidential candidates
- Total Spent:
- $553,249,453 #1 of 40 Presidential candidates
- Cash on Hand:
- $93,667,891 #1 of 40 Presidential candidates
Contributions Over Timereflects only contributions over $200, as smaller contributions are not individually reported. For some candidates a significant portion of their fundraising may not be captured by this chart.
Independent Expendituresoutside groups that spent money supporting or opposing the candidate
Committee Name Support/Oppose Total Spending Restore Our Future, Inc.Oppose $88,572,359 American CrossroadsOppose $84,622,441 Americans For ProsperityOppose $33,542,058 Crossroads GPSOppose $15,344,487 Americans for Job SecurityOppose $15,223,067 Republican National CmteOppose $8,399,463 Service Employees International UnionSupport $8,366,984 Service Employees International Union Pea-FederalSupport $6,827,431 American Future FundOppose $6,805,287 National Rifle AssnOppose $5,844,024
Donor Informationcovers through June 2012. may lag behind FEC section above, as donors and industries are identified by hand.
Top IndustriesOpenSecrets.org and FollowTheMoney.org classify contribution data into about 100 industries.
In State vs. Out of Statecontributions from individuals, in dollars
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Recent and upcoming fundraisersFull invitations can be viewed at Party Time
Date Event Nov. 1, 2012
- Gen44 Reception at Taj Lounge
Oct. 30, 2012
- Conference Call with DNC Executive Director Patrick Gastard at None
Oct. 30, 2012
- Taste of Boston Reception with Michelle Obama at Park Plaza Castle
Oct. 30, 2012
- House Party with Mayor Ed Lee at Home of David Onek & Kara Dukakis
Oct. 29, 2012
- Private Musical Performance by Carole King at Home of Linda Mason and Roger Brown