- Office Held:
- Office Sought:
- State Candidancy or Office Held:
- See also: State profile for Barack Obama
Barack Hussein Obama II (i /bəˈrɑːk huːˈseɪn oʊˈbɑːmə/; born August 4, 1961) is the 44th and current President of the United States. He is the first African American to hold the office. Obama previously served as a United States Senator from Illinois, from January 2005 until he resigned after his election to the presidency in November 2008.
Campaign Finance$258,922,680 Received
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
Latest FEC Datacovers through candidate's May 31, 2012 filing. independent expenditures updated daily.
Summaryoverview of how much the candidate raised and spent, and who contributed it
- Total Raised:
- $258,922,680 #1 of 38 Presidential candidates
- Total Spent:
- $154,044,767 #1 of 38 Presidential candidates
- Cash on Hand:
- $109,718,115 #1 of 38 Presidential candidates
Contributions Over Timereflects only contributions over $200, as smaller contributions are not individually reported. For some candidates a significant portion of their fundraising may not be captured by this chart.
Independent Expendituresoutside groups that spent money supporting or opposing the candidate
Committee Name Support/Oppose Total Spending Restore Our Future, Inc.Oppose $7,357,993 Republican National CmteOppose $5,130,816 Campaign to Defeat Barack ObamaOppose $566,767 Restore America's Voice PACOppose $521,752 Life & Liberty PACOppose $450,000 Republican Majority CampaignOppose $400,000 Service Employees International Union PEA - FederalSupport $369,877 NARAL Pro-Choice AmericaSupport $334,938 Florida Freedom PACSupport $216,767 Freedomworks For AmericaOppose $191,191
Donor Informationcovers through 2011. may lag behind FEC section above, as donors and industries are identified by hand.
Top IndustriesOpenSecrets.org and FollowTheMoney.org classify contribution data into about 100 industries.
In State vs. Out of Statecontributions from individuals, in dollars
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Recent and upcoming fundraisersFull invitations can be viewed at Party Time
Date Event July 19, 2012
- Campaign Roundtable with first lady Michelle Obama at The Jefferson Hotel
July 18, 2012
- Reception with first lady Michelle Obama at Sheraton Birmingham Hotel
July 18, 2012
- Gen44 Reception with special guest Neal Katyal at TBD
July 17, 2012
- Reception with Pres. Obama, LGBT Community feat musical guest Jerry Jeff Walker at Austin Music Hall
July 17, 2012
- Chefs for Obama Food Tasting Reception at Offices of Jones Day