Costco (NASDAQ: COST), is the largest membership warehouse club chain in the United States. As of July 2009[update] it is the third largest retailer in the United States, where it originated, and the ninth largest in the world. As of October 2007[update], Costco is the largest retailer of fine wine in the world.
Campaign Finance$20,216,928 Given
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars. "Other" includes 3rd parties and organizations without official party affiliation.
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "Costco Wholesale" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Mentions in Document Text
- Toggle 2 DOE Environmental Impact Statements; Availability, etc.: Hawai'i Interisland Renewable Energy Program 2011
- Toggle 2 EPA California Transport SIP for the 1997 ozone and 1997 PM-2.5 standards - Prongs 1-2 (Significant Contribution to Nonattainment, Interference with Maintenance) 2011
- Toggle 2 EPA Approval and Promulgation of Implementation Plans; California; 2007 South Coast State Implementation Plan for 1997 8-hour Ozone Standard and 2007 State Strategy 2011
- Toggle 1 FDA Initiate Rulemaking Procedures to Reduce Human Exposure to Mercury Levels From Commercial Fish Sold in the U.S Particularly for Children, Women Childbearing Age, Pregnant and Nursing Women 2011
- Toggle 1 NHTSA Tire Fuel Efficiency Consumer Information Program Quantitative ICR 2011
- Toggle 1 OCC Credit Risk Retention by Securitizers 2011
- Toggle 1 FDA Food Labeling; Nutrition Labeling of Standard Menu Items in Restaurants and Similar Retail Food Establishments 2011
- Toggle 1 FMCSA Pilot Program on NAFTA Long-Haul Trucking Provisions 2011
- Toggle 1 EPA California Transport SIP (Prong 3 - PSD) 2011
- Toggle 1 EPA Solicitation of Input from Stakeholders to inform the National Framework for Electronics Stewardship 2011
Advisory Committees1 person on 1 committee
Data is based on disclosures required by the Federal Advisory Committee Act (FACA). Matches are based on the occurrence of the company name in the committee member affiliation. Variations in company names may cause some matches to be missed.
The table shows only the top 10 agencies. To search and download raw records from the complete dataset see the FACA data section.
Table shows employees of "Costco Wholesale" that sat on federal advisory committees.
- Toggle Department of Commerce 1 person on 1 committee