Allergan, Inc., is a global specialty pharmaceutical company. Their product ranges include ophthalmic pharmaceuticals, dermatology products, and neurological products.
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
Latest FEC Datacovers through committee's June 30, 2012 filing.
Summaryoverview of the committee's finances
- Total Raised:
- Total Spent:
- Cash on Hand:
Standardized Donation Informationcovers through 2011. may lag behind FEC section above, as donors and industries are identified by hand.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying On Behalf of Allergan Inc
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount Cauthen, Forbes & Williams $180,000 Dutko Worldwide $170,000 McManus Group $160,000 Jeffrey J Kimbell & Assoc $90,000 McDermott, Will & Emery $50,000 Trimpa Group $30,000 Pacific Consulting Assoc $0 MS&L $0
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Health Issues,
- Medicare & Medicaid,
Regulations9 Mentions; 1 Submissions
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "Allergan Inc" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
- Toggle 1 FDA Establish Comprehensive, Clear and Binding Regulations to Guide The Industry Relating to New Uses of Marketed Drugs and Medical Devices 2011
Mentions in Document Text
- Toggle 2 FDA Establish Comprehensive, Clear and Binding Regulations to Guide The Industry Relating to New Uses of Marketed Drugs and Medical Devices 2011
- Toggle 2 CMS Hospital Outpatient Prospective Payment; Ambulatory Surgical Center Payment; Hospital Value-Based Purchasing Program; Physician Self-Referral; and Provider Agreement Regulations on Patient Notification Requirements 2011
- Toggle 1 FDA Proposal to Debar/Notice of Opportunity for Hearing for Andrew K. Choi 2011
- Toggle 1 FDA Medical Device Innovation Initiative; Availability for Comment 2011
- Toggle 1 CMS FY 2012 Changes to the Hospital Inpatient Prospective Payment Systems for Acute Care Hospitals and the Long Term Care Hospital Prospective Payment System and FY 2012 Rates 2011
- Toggle 1 EPA Approval and Promulgation of Implementation Plans; California; 2007 South Coast State Implementation Plan for 1997 8-hour Ozone Standard and 2007 State Strategy 2011
- Toggle 1 FDA Advancing Regulatory Science for Highly Multiplexed Microbiology/Medical Countermeasure Devices; Public Meeting 2011
- Toggle 1 FDA Refrain From Granting Tentative or Final Approval of any ANDA for Bromfenac Ophthalmic Solution - CLOSED 2011
- Toggle 1 CMS Methods for Assuring Access to Covered Medicaid Services (CMS-2328-P) 2011